Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Queen's Lady by Eve Edwards

The Queen's Lady by Eve Edwards
Random House, 313 pages
ARC courtesy of Random Buzzers

"1584 – Surrey, England; When Lady Jane Rievaulx begins service to the Queen at Richmond Palace, she is thrilled at the court’s newest arrival... Master James Lacey. Despite her previous courtship with his older brother, James is the man she truly loves. And for his part, he cannot deny his fascination with her. However, James is setting sail on a treacherous journey to the Americas, seeking absolution for what he sees as past sins. But when Lady Jane is forced into a terrible situation by her own family, there is only one man to save her. Will Master James return to his lady ­- before it’s too late?"

Eve Edwards has done it again. She has managed to create a sequel just as riveting as her first book, The Other Countess. Eve Edwards is easily now at the top of the list of my favorite historical fiction authors. Matter of fact, she may be my absolute favorite. Her attention to detail and the amazing historical accuracy in her books absolutely blows me away. Everything is simply so well-written that it compliments the heart-touching storyline perfectly. As well as being well-written, the books are paced perfectly. They aren't too long, the romance keeps chugging along, and the right amount of conflicts emerge at the right time.

I was so very pleased that we got an insight to what happened to Ellie and Will after the ending of the previous book. It just made my heart melt when I can read about characters living their happily ever after. I also love that we already knew a bit about James and Jane before going into this book. This is something that I love about Eve Edwards... the next main characters are side characters in her previous books. Thus, even at the very beginning of the book, you already have a connection with the main characters. As you can guess, the next main character for Edward's third book, The Rogue's Princess, makes his debut in The Queen's Lady.

The Lacey Chronicles simply are just feel good, melt your heart type of books. I adore them! They remind me of some of my favorite historical romance novels by Kat Martin, minus the clearly very adult content. Even so, the romance is intense and incredibly romantic that the extra stuff is very unnecessary and would only ruin the essence of the book. Edward's does a fantastic job with knowing when things will get too far.

If you are a fan of historical fiction or simply romance novels, I highly suggest you pick up both The Other Countess and The Queen's Lady! I can promise you that you will not be disappointed, and you may discover a new favorite historical fiction author like I have! Also, don't forget to check out The Rogue's Princess when it will be released in the US in January 2013!

Rating: 5 stars - I loved it! Buy a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment