Monday, September 26, 2011

Book Discussion #2: Buy or Borrow

Every reader has their own preferences. Some would rather invest in their own physical copy of a book, while others scan the library. Buying and borrowing both have their positive attributes, it all depends on what you like best.

Do you prefer to buy or borrow your books?

Hannah: I definitely prefer to buy my books. Yes, I do realize that borrowing books saves money and can also prevent owning books that you loathe, but what can I say? I love physical copies of books. At one point in time my book collection was at a record low, 10 books. As a reader and collector, I want to be able to look at my shelf and be brought back into that one particular story or have the option to pick it up and re-read my favorite parts. I buy books because what if I borrow a book and I end up loving it? Then I'll end up going out and buying it anyways. And if I buy a book and hate it? Well, it's just another book on my shelf, and it doesn't bother me at all; especially if the book I hate has a stunning cover. Sure, the book was terrible, but at least it looks pretty! I have borrowed from friends and also my local library, but my love for books will continue to blow all my cash because I prefer buying over borrowing.

Emily: This will short and sweet, not because I don't care, but because the answer is so straightforward for me. BUY. I have bought my own books my whole life. I can probably count on one hand the number of books I have gotten from the library. I do borrow from my friends because it would be dumb to buy the book. BUY.

No comments:

Post a Comment